Existing ELT graded readers cover a very broad range of subjects for just about every language learning level.
However, there is a distinct lack of diversity in theme and content, which is striking given that graded reader users represent a multitude of cultures, religions, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Our Inclusive Readers are graded for ELT and address this lack of diversity by breaking cultural barriers and emphasising that people don’t see themselves the way others see them. They do this by:
- Identifying and embracing differences among cultures.
- Including diverse and multi ethnic main characters told from their own perspectives.
- Presenting various social practices, values, and belief systems.
- Making personal connections with the stories.
- Noting the external differences and similarities that define people’s lives.
- Retelling classical or global tales from a fresh and contemporary approach.
- Creating bold and original fictionalized stories.
Our Inclusive Readers’ themes include:
- Overcoming obstacles, conflict resolution, adversity, courage, determination, dreams and aspirations, identity, self esteem, persistence, gender expectations, socio-economic bias, gender equality.
- Science and nature, geography, world history, sports.
- Physical (dis)abilities, learning (dis)abilities, learning English, bilingualism.
Support package and ancillaries:
Accompanying each reader is a full suite of customisable workbooks, teacher’s books, and audio versions, to help students and parents enjoy them at home, and teachers to facilitate language learning in class or online.
Our Inclusive Readers for ELT are aligned with CEFR levels and Lexile standards, and the Global Scale of English (GSE), which makes it easy for teachers to select the right material for their classes. They are customisable to licensee’s specific requirements, with the default versions of the readers falling on and within the CEFR A1 – B1 range.
Contact Alan Jackson at email@example.com to discuss Inclusive Readers licensing opportunities.