Westchester Education UK & International’s Art & Design and production teams produce creative, attention-grabbing layouts.
Our Art & Design and production teams are skilled in scaling an existing look and feel to older or younger audiences and our skilled artists and designers understand that finished pages require more than images and layout to dress up the text.
Properly designed pages enhance a student’s reading comprehension and engaging imagery help students grasp difficult concepts more easily. Our teams consistently create content to support all subject areas across all key stage levels.
Our Art & Design and production teams work seamlessly with our content development team, using a collaborative approach that enables our clients’ visuals to complement the text and the text to augment the visuals.
Our in-house staff, coupled with a robust network of designers, illustrators, and photo researchers create the perfect look and feel for the huge variety of projects for our educational publishing and edtech clients.
Our Art & Design team’s capabilities include:
- Custom illustrations
- Cover, interior, and feature design
- Prototype development
- Creative paging
- Design review
- Photo research
- Photo and art database management
- Digital design for interactive products
Our production team’s capabilities include:
- Page layout—Executing simple and complex pages flawlessly via domestic, offshore, or hybrid workflows
- InDesign/InCopy workflows
- Digital production—Delivering content for online delivery in multiple formats and within numerous publisher, and edtech platforms, both proprietary and 3rd party (e.g. Learnosity)
- XML tagging—Applying tags and metadata to enable searchability and reusability
- Proofreading/QC—Cycling poured pages through rigorous processes to ensure that they meet specifications and client quality expectations
- Image cropping and manipulation—Adapting existing imagery to fit layouts, file formats, and file sizes
- ePub conversion—Transforming print programmes into digital output, following industry standards for a variety of outputs
- File archiving—Maintaining your final files to make future customisations and reprints easier
Contact us and let’s talk about how our team can help you with the Art & Design for your educational publishing projects.