If you answer yes to any of these questions, then Westchester’s curriculum mapping and gap analysis services will be a perfect fit for you.
- Are you an education publisher or edtech firm looking to grow your businesses by expanding your reach into UK or international markets?
- Are you seeking a worldwide team of subject matter experts who can map your content across the UK National Curricula and multiple international curricula?
- Do you need to identify gaps in specific subject areas, whether STEM, literacy, humanities or social sciences?
- Do you need to fill those gaps by having tailored new content written to match the local curriculum’s requirements?
What is the purpose?
Curriculum mapping and gap analyses help publishers identify any potential curriculum areas their existing content could be developed into. It also gives them confidence that they have full coverage of a curriculum and that their content is 100% aligned.
What is curriculum mapping?
Curriculum mapping involves collecting data on the key learning objectives and specifications of curricula. This can include aligning existing content to a specific curriculum area or topic or aligning entire subjects and courses.
What is gap analysis?
Dependent on the outcome of the curriculum mapping process, a gap analysis may need to take place to ensure full curriculum coverage. This method identifies the missing learning points within existing content, to ensure that there is full curriculum coverage.
What happens next?
Once those gaps have been identified, Westchester’s content development teams and wide network of Subject Matter Experts can author the content required to fill the gaps, ensuring both full alignment with a given curriculum, as well as the associated commercial opportunities.
Why choose Westchester?
- Our trusted network of international teachers and reviewers means content can be mapped to any curriculum, irrespective of subject or exam board.
- When disparities and gaps are identified, our educational writers and consultants can work to create and adapt content, fully aligning it to the curriculum and ensuring the correct tone, structure, and ethos.
- Our in-house translation service gives publishers the opportunity to adapt content in any language, across any curriculum.
- The process is managed by our in-house curriculum specialists and editorial managers, who will ensure the quality and integrity of content at every milestone.
Read about how we helped a Swedish edtech provider break into the UK and US markets by mapping their existing digital product to the Curriculum for England, International Baccalaureate, Cambridge IGCSE, and US NGSS framework.
Learn more about our approach to product development, or how we apply the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our educational content initiatives.
Contact us to discuss your project requirements in detail.