- Visualizing Health Equity: One Size Does Not Fit All Infographic [Robert Wood Johnson Foundation]
- The problem with that equity vs. equality graphic you’re using [Cultural Organizing: Paul Kuttner]
- The Difference Between Diversity And Inclusion And Why It Is Important [Forbes.com: William Arruda]
- Diversity, Inclusion and Equity in the Workplace [Loeb Leadership]
- [Culture Amp:
Why DEI is important.
- “The White Space” [Elijah Anderson]
Diversity in publishing.
- Where Is The Diversity in Publishing? The 2015 Diversity Baseline Survey Results [Lee & Low Books]
- Where Is The Diversity in Publishing? The 2019 Diversity Baseline Survey Results [Lee & Low Books]
- Publishing Statistics on Children’s/YA Books about People of Color and First/Native Nations and by People of Color and First/Native Nations Authors and Illustrators [Cooperative Children’s Book Center (CCBC)]
- Mirrors, Windows, and Sliding Glass Doors [Rudine Sims Bishop]
Diversity in technology.
Diversity in Tech: Employee breakdown of key technology companies [Information Is Beautiful]
Barriers to diversity in publishing.
Disability and DEI.
Strategies for inclusion.
- Working on Common Cross-cultural Communication Challenges [PBS]
- Secrets of communication across cultures [Kellogg School of Management]
- Diversity Issues in K-12 Education [resource collection by American Psychological Association]
- NEA Diversity Toolkit [resource collection by National Education Association]
Reviewing material for diversity and bias.
- An Evaluation Tool for Multicultural Literature [School Library Journal]
- Washington Models for the Evaluation of Bias Content in Instructional Materials [Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction]
- Culturally Responsive Curriculum Scorecard [The Education Justice Research and Organizing Collaborative (EJ-ROC) at NYU Steinhardt]
Resources for inclusive language.
- Brown University Student and Employee Accessibility Services Appropriate Terminology [Brown University]
- Disability Language Style Guide [National Center on Disability and Journalism]
- 4 Disability Euphemisms That Need to Bite the Dust [Center for Disability Rights]
DEI book list.
- Not Light, But Fire: How to Lead Meaningful Race Conversations in the Classroom [Matthew R. Kay]
- WHITE FRAGILITY: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism [Robin DiAngelo]
- A Search Past Silence: The Literacy of Young Black Men [David E. Kirkland]
- The Human Equity Advantage: Beyond Diversity to Talent Optimization [Trevor Wilson]
Curated resource lists.
- Latinx in Publishing
- People of Color in Publishing
- Center for Black Literature
- We Need Diverse Books
- Dayton Young Black Professions
- Education Industry Industry Network (ETIN) of SIIA Diversity Committee