Westchester considers multiculturalism paramount.
We recognise the importance of national and regional interests and cultural values, and we fully embrace measures to incorporate notions of self-identity and self-actualisation into partner-client’s pedagogical content with our ELT programme adaptation services.
We also recognise that ELT programme adaptations involve matching appropriate academic content to learners’ needs, teachers’ demands, and administrations’ purpose. We follow adaptation procedures that involve supplementation of extra linguistic items and activities to compensate for perceived inadequacy or insufficiency of currently used materials.
As with from-scratch development, our client needs are at the forefront of the process, with opportunities for feedback embedded into the adaptation process.
Westchester’s ELT programme adaptation processes respond to the following:
- To modernise
- To enliven
- To simplify
- To motivate
- To improve comprehension
- To meet specific programme needs
- To pique learners’ interest and motivation
- Scope and sequence
- Activity types
- Photos and illustrations
- Audio and video components
- Relevant and valid examples
- Student and teacher directions
- Evaluation techniques and devices
- Personalisation according to self-identities
- Addition and improvisation of new content
- Reduction and altering of existing content
- Customisation of auxiliary materials
- Matching language proficiency levels
- Preferred approaches and methodology
- Conceptualisation and design
- Pre-, during, and post-lesson
- Mixed-ability classrooms
- Cultural appropriateness
- Scheduling and time constraints
Westchester applies proven expertise in programme development to meet all ELT adaptation requirements. We employ an assemblage of highly skilled talent and rely upon solid infrastructure to fine-tune content that satisfies aptitude, motivation, learner differences, and programme goals.
Contact us to learn more about our ELT programme adaptation services.