Hathway Graded Readers incorporate Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with high interest graded content, and art.
- Hathaway Graded Readers support teaching and learning diversity and inclusivity.
- Diversity acknowledges the range of differences in a classroom.
- Inclusion embraces these differences.
By Grade 3, developing readers begin connecting with characters in the stories they read. These characters need to look like them and interact with other people that look like their friends or other people in their environment. Hathaway Graded Readers make these connections.
Classrooms should be mutually respectful and inclusive of all students. Stories that invite discussions in which students express their opinions with sensitivity, courtesy and respect for others are the perfect medium to bring diversity and equity into your classroom.
Hathaway Graded Readers are written with this in mind. Across multiple genres, these readers provide high-interest graded content that will inspire discussion on a variety of themes while at the same time enriching students’ language abilities. They also provide a robust student and teacher support package.
- Hathaway Graded Readers are about everyone and for everyone
- Diverse and beautifully illustrated and photographed titles take every young reader on memorable journeys
- Delicately addressing themes related to disparities in society
- Committed to cultural authenticity
- Diverse authors presenting original interpretations of classic international tales
- Diverse authors presenting original realistic fiction in their own voices
- Each title is meticulously crafted by diverse teams of talented individuals who fully participate in decision making processes from cover to cover
- Themes fully embrace differences that may include race, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, (dis)ability, age, and religion
- Hathaway Graded Readers are kaleidoscopic. Like our titles, authors, illustrators, designers, and editors embody varied ages, gender, religions, ethnicities, and nationalities
- Authors, illustrators, designers, and editors hail from all over the world
- Careful attention is paid to biases in the artwork. We ensure through reflection and study that photographs, illustrations, drawings, cartoons, and maps used to illustrate reader content do not foster bias and prejudice
- Hathaway Graded Readers embraces respectful language. We avoid name calling or using negative words to give a negative impression of an idea, individual, group, or nationality
Click here to learn about our exciting range of Hathaway Graded Readers.
Click here for information about licensing our Hathaway Graded Readers and ancillaries.
Get in touch to learn more about our Hathaway Graded Readers.